Now you can Rent-a-Reptile! Have you considered getting a reptile companion but worried about children losing interest in caring for it after a few months? Have you wished to have a classroom pet but didn't know what to do with it over the summer? Then Rent-a-Rental is the perfect option for you.
Why do we think renting reptile pets out to you is a good idea? For a lot of reasons, but here are just a few:
- It gives families, libraries, schools, and other groups the opportunity to learn about caring for a reptile without shelling out big bucks for a pet, enclosure, and accessories.
- It reduces the number of unwanted pets that need new homes.
- It eases the responsibility of long term pet care and vacation coverage.
- It eliminates the stress of having to get rid of pets due to life changes, loss of interest, or moves.
- It gives children the opportunity to have and learn about pets without burdening adults with pet care or the process of rehoming if interest wanes.
- Families or groups can rent different reptiles over the course of the year to determine which is the best pet for them.
- Caring for reptiles can be simpler; and they experience less stress than dogs or cats in other pet rental programs.
What do our clients get?
- The opportunity to have a healthy reptile as a pet
- In-person, instruction on the reptile and its care
- Complete set-up, including enclosure, substrate, lamp(s) with heat and/or UVB bulbs, locking screen lid, hides, food/water bowl(s), thermometers/hydrometers, thermostat, vitamins, and other decorations or accessories
- Phone support for questions
- The time to learn what care is required and if the reptile is a good fit in their household
- Pickup of the animal, enclosure, and accessories after the rental period, so searching for a new home is unnecessary
Currently, we have a leopard gecko, gray ratsnake, blue tongue skink, rosy boa, two bearded dragons, fire belly toad, and Madagascar hissing cockroaches* which can be rented on a monthly basis. Rent-a-Reptile pets have a two-month minimum rental period. Clients can elect to buy food for the pet themselves or have Critters & Conservation provide all the food for a small, additional fee.
Rent a pet the fun way - with Critters & Conservation!
For more information on how an why we came up with Rent-a-Reptile and our philosophies behind it, see our Rent-a-Reptile Philosophy page.
*We know roaches aren't actually reptiles, but they are awesome to have as pets!